BLS - Instructor-Led Training
The BLS Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
In the Instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
• Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
• Emphasis on high-quality CPR including a team dynamics classroom activity
• Video-based course with real world scenarios
• The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
• Use of an AED
• Effective ventilations using a barrier device
• Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
• Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
*Course time based on 1 instructor: 6 student: 2 manikins
Course Completion Card
AHA BLS Course Completion Card is valid for two years.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE), for 2.50 Basic CEHs, activity number 16-AMHA-F3-0302.
**CAPCE credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. CME/CE credit will no longer be available to claim for this activity after the 6 month claiming period
If your profession is not listed here, please contact your HR department or licensing board with any questions. The American Heart Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education and does not determine participants to receive credit or number of credits per course.
Ready to Register?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!