Family & Friends® CPR - Instructor-Led Training
100% classroom training means students are with an AHA Instructor for their entire learning experience.
The Family & Friends CPR Course teaches the lifesaving skills of adult Hands-Only CPR, adult CPR with breaths, child CPR with breaths, adult and child AED use, infant CPR, and mild and severe airway block for adults, children, and infants. Skills are taught in a dynamic group environment using the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which provides students with the most hands-on CPR practice time possible.
Family & Friends CPR is for people who want to learn CPR but do not need a CPR course completion card to meet a job requirement. This course is ideal for community groups, new parents, grandparents, babysitters, and others interested in learning how to save a life.
$300: Up to 12-students
+$25 per additional student
We come to your location
- Uses AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which improves learning and retention
- Classroom format works well for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback while learning skills
- Each student receives high-quality course materials for ongoing reference
- Adult Hands-Only CPR and AED
- Adult CPR With Breaths (Optional)
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Adult (Optional)
- Child CPR and AED (Optional)
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Child (Optional)
- Infant CPR (Optional)
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Infant (Optional)
Family & Friends CPR is a classroom-based course that can be taught by an AHA Instructor or led by a facilitator (a community member, family member, or friend) who wishes to share the lifesaving skills of CPR with others. This course is video-led and includes skills practice throughout the course. Skills are taught by using the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows participants to practice on a CPR training manikin while skills are demonstrated in the course video.
Course topics can be presented together or taught separately as stand-alone modules.
Following are approximate times for each module:
- Adult Hands-Only CPR/Adult CPR with Breaths/AED/Choking: about 39 minutes
- Child CPR/AED/Choking: about 27 minutes
- Infant CPR/Choking: about 21 minutes
This course does not provide a course completion card; however, students receive a tear-out participation card in their student manual or can download a certificate of participation.