Heartsaver® First Aid - Instructor-Led Training
Heartsaver First Aid is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrives. Students learn duties and responsibilities of first aid rescuers; first aid actions for medical emergencies, including severe choking, heart attack, and stroke; and skills for handling injury and environmental emergencies, including external bleeding, broken bones and sprains, and bites and stings.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Student Workbook comes with Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide that summarizes first aid actions for many injuries and illnesses
- Course is updated with the new science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preventing illness and injury
- Optional exam
- Classroom-based (instructor and video, with skills conducted throughout).
- During the course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons and works with students to complete their first aid skills practice and testing.
Course Completion Card or Certificate
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid course completion card that is valid for 2 years.
As of December 2017, the AHA has introduced the Heartsaver course completion card for K-12 school systems. The card signifies that an individual in the K-12 school system has successfully completed the objectives and skills evaluations in accordance with the curriculum of the AHA Heartsaver program. If you are a K-12 school, ask your Training Center about this option.
Ready to Register?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!